History of Kellenyi Johnson Wagner

The architectural firm of Kellenyi Johnson Wagner has built a reputation of excellence in almost seventy five years of practice, providing the full spectrum of architectural services to a broad and diverse clientele.  Our professional dedication ensures that our work exhibits design excellence and is technically sound.

1948-1968

The firm was established in 1948 by Bernard Kellenyi after his return from WWII, in which he had served as a decorated B-17 Bomber Pilot.  Bernard followed in the footsteps of his father Alexander Kellenyi, who practiced architecture in Atlantic City and then Eatontown from 1930 – 1947.

1968-1997

As the practice grew, Kellenyi Associates, Architects was established as a Professional Associate in 1968.  Bernard Kellenyi brought on Floyd R. Scott Jr., a Tuskeegee Airman, as his original partner.  The firm flourished, completing many significant projects including the Grandstands at Monmouth Park Racetrack, EAI’s offices and production facilities, the Monmouth County Jail, Brookdale community College, and the JCP&L Headquarters in Morristown.

1997-PRESENT

In 1997 Kellenyi Associates again reorganized, announcing the new firm name of Kellenyi Johnson Wagner (KJW) in recognition of its three principal architects: Bernard Kellenyi AIA, J. Robert Johnson AIA, and Eric Wagner AIA

KJW continues to uphold the tradition of excellence in architectural services that Bernard Kellenyi instituted when he established his practice in 1948.  This respected history provides a sound base to serve our clients and provide architectural excellence into the next 75 years.

KJW Web Logo-21.png

Work

About

Contact

News

Files